Thursday, April 9, 2009

7th- 9th

*note: When you're looking for new posts, please check a few posts back... I'm finding that if I saved a draft a couple days ago, the new post shows up behind the other ones. Also, I might add pics onto old posts a bit later.

We took the Auld Reekie ghost tour the night of the 6th, and even I didn't get scared (except by the hygiene of the bar where we got our free drinks afterward). Until.... I saw my pics afterward!!! Ooooo....



Ok, lame jokes aside, something kind of spooky did happen to me the other day: I was wandering around and ran into an old acquaintance- Robin, who used to ride with Allie and I at ol' Southbreeze Stables. What! I can't believe I didn't have the presence of mind to take a pic, but I was too surprised.

Botanical Gardens

National Geographic worthy crane photos, if I do say so myself.







Moody auld buildings



The hottest tatties in town apparently. I think by "hottest" they mean "most smothered in butter and cheese", but hey, works for me.

Thistle-aneous

Lins wants to get a ring in every city, and my version will be brooches.




There are eerie little nooks in the narrow alleyways



Pidgeon in meta-nook

I went to a punk show by the name of Danananakroyd, which I picked mostly for the name. I would love to have a better reason to go to a show- espcially now that I've tried finding one arbitrarily- so if you know of any upcoming where we'll be, PLEASE do let us know. If you're a big Dananan fan, sorry, but I find I can't get into punk since the original In It For The Shoes disbanded... when you've had the best...


Southern Cross Cafe (where we were excited by the thought of veggie haggis, only to find it suspiciously similar to the glob of beans veggie burgers)

A bunch of cute safety conscious Scotkins, all toddling down the street going "HIYA!!.... HIYA.... HIYA!!!.... HIYA!!...". Which they continued in double volume and intensity after I said Hiya back... Kids that other people have to deal with are so cute ;)


Greyfriar's




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linz You guys seem to be having a wonderfull time,nothing but smiling faces.I look forward to the travelblog and photos,seems like it's the middle of the summer there already...snowed here a few day ago...Just to fill you in a bit.....Jason is here tonight helping me with my portfolio and buisness cards [which are looking pretty snappy]and we found a car with bit more leg room in the back...drapping your gams over the front seat should no longer be necessary.
back to your trip...Edinborough does seem bit grey..hope the food and people provide a bit more color.You may want to stay out of those severely haunted graveyards...Hans told me a story
about a guy who went on one of those tours with perfecty normal hands...Yet ended it with all fingers broken on one hand[ not that i necessarily believe this tale] take it for what its worth.
In keeping with the Edinborough [ is that spelled right] theme Sunshine posted a comment and dropped a wee reekie on your bed ...not to worry mon got on the case with an arsenal of spray bombs and fresh air...talk to you soon...Love Dad